Instructions for the Reviewers
1. The Aim of the Review ProcessConscientious peer review of manuscripts is usually a time-consuming task, but it is essential to ensure the high-quality of the content of the International Journal of Bioelectromagnetism, IJBEM. When reviewing a manuscript, please keep in mind that the purposes of the IJBEM are to document and improve the quality of the discipline of bioelectromagnetism. To be published, a manuscript must provide useful and valuable data or information for the international audience of the IJBEM is limited.
Reviewers are obliged to provide an expert, critical, and constructive scientific and literary appraisal of the manuscripts in a fair and unbiased manner. It is also the obligation of each reviewer to complete their review as soon as possible and return it to the Editor-in-Chief within four weeks. If a delay in the review occurs, the reviewer has the obligation to notify the Editor-in-Chief immediately.
Comments should be as complete and detailed as possible and contain clear opinions about the strengths, weaknesses, relevance, and importance of the manuscript to the field. Specific comments that cite manuscript sections, pages, paragraphs, or lines are most helpful. Comments should be constructive and suggestions should be offered to enhance the manuscript.
Each review of the manuscript shall include:
- Confidential comments to the Editor-in-Chief.
- General and specific comments to the authors.
It is good to point out both the positive and negative aspects of the manuscript. The authors will be asked to address each of your comments before the manuscript is accepted for publication.
2. Important Points for the Reviewers to ConsiderThe reviewers shall consider the following important points in the manuscript:
3. Recommendations of the ReviewersAfter careful consideration, each reviewer shall provide one of the following recommendations to the Editor-in-Chief regarding the manuscript:
4. What the Reviewers Shall not DoThe reviewers shall not do the following actions: